Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Week 1 Decluttering the Laundry Center

(Sorry for how late this is posted. I was having difficulty with Google and storage so that I could upload pics)

This week I am tackling my laundry center. It is in my kitchen and my dryer ends up being a hot spot for clutter. Also the top of my laundry organizer collects all kinds of stuff.
I took a before picture. Normally I don´t have this much laundry but after a lot off illness in this house and lots of school work that I had to catch up on it piled up.
I´ve been working on the laundry all weekend. Had a small anxiety issue yesterday and it put a hold on my blessing my family by cleaning. But I have gotten myself together and today has been a good day in making my house a home that is a step closer to being welcoming to my boys and myself. A place that my family can be proud to call their home.

Do you have a cluttered laundry center? Is there gunk building up under the lid of your washer? Do you have clothes that need to be washed on the gentle cycle that you just haven´t gotten to washing? Well today is the day to bless your laundry center with your love and attention. Take a before and after photo and show me how you have loved yourself and your family. Then post it to the flicker group.

6 comments:

  1. I wish my laundry area would stay clean. Granted, it's not that messy but it bothers me. The problem is that I tend to leave laundry in the dryer so that means there's the basket there, too...and dust from the dryer...and occasional water on the floor (though I know how to fix that).

    I don't think my laundry will ever be that clean but it's not too bad. My problem area is my office...and the dining room...and the porch...and the upstairs...and the basement. Oh, who am I kidding? My entire house has issues. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Renee, Next week will be the toy corner in my living room. If you have a hot spot in your living room that has become an organic living organism that multiplies, this week we are going to get rid of this growing monster and keep up with the laundry room. Because it is important to keep up with the places that you have already cleaned up. It is not the whole room that we are going after. Just a corner or a shelf or a drawer. Don't forget that before photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job!! Don't laundry areas go out of control when everyone is sick?! I always feel so much better when I clean mine up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice start. I meant to thank you a while back for suggesting FlyLady. This will be a portrait of you putting that into real action. Congratulations. I'll try to keep track of how things are going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't done laundry in 2 weeks. I am going to the laundromat tomorrow so I can get it all done in a couple of hours instead of all day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your before picture looks like my bedroom did (except around the laundry basket instead of the washer/dryer)! I'm bad to let my laundry pile up like that.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you really think!