Sunday, March 27, 2011

Week 2 Weigh In


This week I was a good girl most of the time. It was my husbands birthday this week so there was some cake involved and one night at school I bought a package of life savers gummies. But other than that I have been eating healthy. I got on the treadmill four times this week for 45 min at a time at a incline of 1-2 at 3 miles and hour. I also took M out in the stroller one evening.  I was stepping on the scale and had started loosing weight. Monday I had lost a little over a pound but then when I stepped on the scale this morning I was a pound heavier than last week. So weight this week was 219.6. I can feel that I retaining water and I´m sure that if I drank  whole bunch of green tea today that the scales will say something quite different tomorrow but this blog is where I am going to be honest and post the real weight every week. Can´t say that I wasn´t disappointed when I saw that number after working hard this week but I am not giving up.
Last week, a lady came to present to us in class about hypnotherapy and gave us a small demonstration and put us all into a trans. I was so relaxed  after that I felt so great! One of her specialties is something she calls SlenderSize. It is to help you form a more healthy relationship with food and exercise. I made my first appointment for next Friday. She told me that people that had been fat their whole lives have lost weight and kept it off for years. I´m looking forward to seeing what happens for me. Meanwhile  I will keep up with my exercises and my healthy eating.
To keep me going on the treadmill I set up my iPad and go to my Netflix app and I have been totally hooked on Army Wives lately. So I caught up on the first 4 seasons on Netflix an now I just keep up with them on the Lifetime.com website.  But I walk on the treadmill the whole time I'm watching and time flies and I'm watching my favorite stories. How do you keep yourself going during your workouts?
This week I am going to add some muscle toning into my weight loss routine. I'm thinking some Pilates and Yoga. Hopefully the Pilates will bring in my belly a little.

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of blogging to keep you accountable...as long as you don't let your fingers lie :)

    I need to get my big bum back into shape but with Little Man and a huge house to clean, it doesn't go so well...that and I'm a lot heavier than you (I'm embarrassed to even say my weight - not that I know for sure). Hrm.

    Right now, just blogging about knitting/crochet all week...then maybe something other than that.

    What worked for me when I lost a bunch of weight a few years ago: preplanned and prepared meals and two 32oz. Nalgene bottles of water every day. I had problems because I like my carbs...potatoes and bread, especially. Drinking the water helped a lot because I felt more full. Also, sizing my meals and preparing them early helped.

    Oh, and remembering to eat snacks throughout the day (like those little 100 calorie packs of chips, nuts, fruit snacks, etc.).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee Anne I know how it is to be embarrassed but that is how I got so heavy again. I hid from my weight. Lied to myself and my family. But the worst part was lying to myself. For me getting my booty moving is the best thing for me. I'm also a simple sugar addict so I try to keep those things out of the house. I've thought about joining OA.org but haven't gotten my butt down for a meeting yet.
    By the way. Your health is more important than a clean home. I'm sure your son would miss you more if he lost you to a weight complication than he would ever think oh I wish we had a cleaner home.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you really think!