Saturday, March 12, 2011

Why I am Starting this Blog

I am starting this blog in an attempt to take control of myself and my home. In the last few years my home and my body has become more and more disorganized with each child that has been born. I believe that I have reached the bottom and there is no place but up.
This is my House

It is a 1500 square foot house with 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom.The whole downstairs is just the living room, dinning room and kitchen. Upstairs are the 3 bedrooms and the bathroom. Then we have a basement.

At the moment there is not a single room in the house that is clean and uncluttered.

I have four closets that are full of things that we don't use or love.

This blog will be about my journey to a clutter free life both physically and in my home.

Each Monday I will tell you how I have done decluttering and fixing up my home with photos of my projects. I will have a tab where you can follow along with my process of getting a routine started and what my favorite cleaning and organizing products are with links to where you are able to buy them if you would like to try them for yourself.

Each Friday I will talk about how I am decluttering my body and mind. I will have a photo of the week of me and a tab where I will have photos of me and my changing body through the weeks. My goal is to loose 30 pounds in 4 months because we plan on adding to our family and my body can't handle adding any more weight on to my knees and I also am afraid of being this heavy and getting pregnant on top of it. At the moment I am 24 pounds heavier than when I got pregnant with my first child. I had worked hard to loose that weight and it took a lot of running and changing my eating habits to an extreme. I'm hoping now that I have weaned my youngest son M which is a year old I am able to really take control of my body and do what I need to do for myself.

You might hear stories of my family every once in a while since they are such a large part of who I am. I am married to an amazing man who is a System Administrator for a law firm. He is such a great husband and an AMAZING father. Then there is O who is turning three years old next month and he is crazy about trains and cars. M is a year and is my cuddle monster.
I am also in Grad School getting my Masters in Counseling Psychology and with all of that together I have sort of put myself and my home on hold which is unfair to me and unfair to my family. I now realize that when I look at things around the house and don't clean them up am not giving myself a brake. I am making it harder on me and my family. Now when I think about doing dishes and laundry my mindset it that I am blessing myself and my family with a clean home. When I have little time even if I just pick up toys before bed then I am giving myself a brake when I look around afterwords things are neat.
I have been ill lately and out of breath so I left everything. My dining room table has paper work all over half of it while the other half is cleared off so that we can eat at it. How rude is it of me to make my family eat this way. My washer and drier is in the kitchen and today I went through the house and gathered up all of the laundry and it is now a mountain on my kitchen floor.  What the hell I'll walk through the house and show you how bad it is. The only way to get better is to come to terms to how bad things are and stop hiding. My house was on the fast track to one of those hoarder homes. But no more. OK I can't show you how bad it is today. It's way too embarrasing after being sick. This is not a normal state. But once it gets to a normal state then I will have no problem showing you all my clutter and what I plan on doing about it.

9 comments:

  1. I just have to say you are incredibly brave. Reading this tonight it is like reading what my life is like right now. I will be following you and hopefully joining you if you can do it surely I can. Are you a flybaby? it sure sounds like it. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,
    Yes I am a flybaby but I have modified it to work for me. I´m not a shoe person and I don´t shine my sink every night. But I have my routines.

    And thank you. I am trying to be real about my problems. I am about to start helping other people with their problems and if I am not willing to go there myself then how am I suppose to help others? So here it is. My life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I join you on your journey? I'm also a flybaby but have not been practising for a while. I badly need to declutter my body and home so I shall tag along with you. FiaKnit

    ReplyDelete
  4. FiaKnit,
    Welcome! I´m so glad that you found my blog and that you are going to join me in my mission to live a healthier simpler life. Can´t wait to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Olof. I wish you well with the decluttering and with the blog. Getting everything in order will make the biggest difference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great blog concept. Your house is absolutely darling! Thanks for the invite.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I will be joining you on your journey - my home is still in disarray from moving in October - and I have never finished unpacking - so, I'm going to be doing that...

    And, since I became diabetic last April I intend to work on my exercise program...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love that you're doing this, and plan to use your blog posts for inspiration. My home and body are in the same shape as yours from the sounds of it. I'm married with two young children, work full time, and studying to pass the CPA exam. My whole house is a mess, so much so that I'm embarassed to have anyone over. I'm lucky enough to have a sewing / craft room, but only have a little path through it because of all the clutter. The really bad thing about it is that our home's breaker box is in the closet of that room, so everytime my husband has to turn off power for whatever reason, he has to climb over my stacks of clutter.

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be following you. I need the inspiration.

    What is a flybaby?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you really think!